1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Spin Class [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 2:47:40 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Fernando was a business man, and this conversation had become a bargaining session. "Where do you see this going?" is really just another way of saying "Make me an offer."
    Stormy jumped in raising another surprising tidbit. Did something happen to Selena? How much cloak and dagger shit is going on around here? As troubling as that prospect was, it was secondary to the goal here: Kat.
    "Kat is a good gym leader, but skill alone does not a figurehead make. She's a liability, Fernando. Surely that's clear. If you want my price, it's pretty simple."
Zac held up three fingers, and tapped the first one. "I want her suspended, pending an investigation into her behavior as a representative of the league."
    "Second, I want an apology. Private is fine, but public would be better for the league's image. It's not like the event is a secret to anyone."
    "Lastly, restitution, Fernando. If she's claiming no wrong, then make that the case. I want my bloody plate back."    

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Spin Class [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 9:14:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Suspension,” he corrects right off the bat. “Nothing, really. I set a time to meet with her to probe further but otherwise, nothing’s changed.

If they expected otherwise, they’re sorely mistaken. Stormy should know from her own experiences, just how much and how little Fernando can do. The fact that he served as the intermediary for her in many situations in the past only goes to show how far out of scope his responsibilities grow.

Zac’s characterization of Fernando isn’t wrong, per se, but his exposure to the man is too limited to get a perfect assessment. His own question was more to align their views together and correct them where they’re wrong. On this front, their mistake is two fold.

Skill, paired with proven results, is paramount to a lot of things. But agreed. Unfortunately, the people of Mauville disagree.

The fact that Zac things he has any bargain in this situation, that Fernando has a ‘price’, as well as any influence on this as well is puzzling but that helps him understand the other a bit more.

Unlikely, without recourse on a more public scale, which I would advise against, for your own reputation,” Fernando answers sagely to the first request.

Also unlikely,” Fernando parries. Where they view the events as ‘public’ defer. Who else knew? Those present? That’s what, two dozen people out of a region of thousands? Or perhaps he’s missing something. “But you’re more likely to succeed in that than I am. I can’t force her to do anything.

The last point is one of contention. While it’s understandable that Zac and Stormy affront to typical, human, regards to their possession of the plates, he can certainly understand ’s as well. If not for her undisclosed Avatarship, he may even be in favor of them.

Unfortunately, as another Avatar, he knows his priorities as well.

Then go get it.

What else can he say without making empty promises.

While idealistic, on your own benefit, any of those three request is unlike to come to pass. Granted, I suppose you are new around here.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Spin Class [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 14:51:01 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Of course nothing has changed. She forgot- the League often did nothing. Time after time, even Dahlia had been under scrutiny and suspicion, and nothing had come of that either.[break][break]

When it becomes clear that nothing would be done regarding Katherine, Stormy reaches for her jacket.[break][break]

She doesn't even say anything other than sigh, adjusting her collar and making her way for the door. As far as she's concerned, this has been a waste of her time and there is nothing more that she has to say.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

&

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Spin Class [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 15:35:23 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Idealistic? Yeah, that seemed right. There was so much to change in Hoenn. So much to improve, so much to fix. If only he had the power. Gym Leader was a start, but compared to people like Fernando, Stormy, or hell, even Katherine, trying to enact change was like trying to piss up a waterfall.
    Stormy exited. "Well, thanks for coming. I appreciate you making the trip." Zac said earnestly. Despite the lack of result, Fernando had still come all the way here just to talk. In Zac's book, that meant a lot.
    "Feel free to grab a Lavaridge cookie for the road," he offered, pushing the tray a little closer. "How does that saying go, Fernando? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? What do you do if you've already joined them? Where to from there, ay?"   

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Spin Class [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 9:15:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“

Fernando waits for Stormy to vacate the premises once she makes it obvious that she’s leaving. Only when he’s certain that she’s out of earshot does he bother continuing. “Ramsey, a word if you will?

He pauses, looking at the tray of cookies, before flashing a nervous smile in refusal. “I understand you’re new to all of this so a word of advice: think and understand the depths of what is plausible and what is not. I know politics is not an entertaining subject for most but understanding the extent of your ‘powers’, if you will, is imperative to your success and reputation. Many of your colleagues do not understand this and expect too much or overreach.

On second thought, maybe he will take one. Fernando pockets a cookie although not for himself.

Food for thought, if you will?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Spin Class [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 2:16:29 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Think and understand the depths of what is plausible and what is not." 
    Fernando's 'food for thought' was a bitter pill to swallow. But as confronting as the words were, it was great advice, and Zac was eager for any tips on how to navigate the political system. "Thanks mate. It's a whole new ballgame, yeah? Worth sitting back a bit until I know the rules."
    The after-hours meeting hadn't been what Zac had expected, but it had still been useful. The revelations about Selena had been shocking, but the real scoop there was that there was so much going on behind the scenes. Tonight had been more than just food for thought. It had been a whole buffet.
    How much truth was buried underneath official stories and press reports. What other facts that Zac took for granted were just slivers of reality? There's a big difference between charging in, and charging in blind, Zac thought to himself, grabbing one of the cookies. "I appreciate the advice. If anyone knows what they're talking about it's you, ay?" Zac opened the door to the conference room, holding it open for Fernando.
"Let me walk you out,"
 he said, grinning as pulled out the gym keys "I'm going the same way anyway."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Spin Class [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 23:12:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: